What Are The Symptoms of Iron Deficiency Anemia (IDA)?
As with most vitamin or mineral deficiency syndromes there are a number of symptoms which can range from very mild to very severe. This is no different with IDA.
Depending on the severely of the iron deficiency the symptoms can range from extremely mild, almost not noticed, to very severe and even debilitating.
One of the major problems with IDA is that an individual can be severely iron deficient before even mild symptoms may be noticed.
Initially, there may be no symptoms. However, when symptoms do ultimately occur, they may include some combination of the following:
- Increased frequency of colds, flu, bacterial and other viral infections
- Chronic or recurrent infections
- Feeling tired, fatigued or easy fatigability
- Diminished physical capacity or ability to work and function
- Impaired concentration
- Difficulty with digestion
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal discomfort or even pain
- Unusual quietness or withdrawal in a child
- Sensitivity to cold
- Shortness of breath on exertion
- Rapid pulse
- Irregular heart beat
- Brittle hair
- A smoothing of the tongue
- Brittle nails
- Cracked or splits in the skin at the sides or corners of your mouth
- Difficulty swallowing
- An increased cravings for ice, paint or dirt
If you are experiencing any individual or combination of these symptoms you should check with your doctor to determine if you are suffering from IDA.
Click Here To order your copy of 30-Days To No More IDA,
A Doctor's Proven Nutritional Program
Buy 30-Days To No More IDA, A Doctor's Proven Nutritional Program for yourself or
give it as a gift of good health to a friend or relative who suffers from IDA.
If you are not 100% satisfied with the results of the techniques presented in this ebook,
and we will send you a refund for the full amount you paid.
© 2006, Allco Health Products, Drs. Allen Lawrence
and Lisa Robyn Lawrence